Xbox One-formatted drives use a GPT partition scheme which Windows can recognise, but the last 2 bytes of sector 0 are '99 CC', while Windows expects this to be '55 AA', so when you connect the drive up to a PC, Windows doesn't recognise it as being initialised, so it doesn't appear in File Explorer. To format Transcend hard drive for Mac and PC, you can choose either exFAT or FAT32 depending on your requirement for the drive. Besides, AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard also enables you to make bootable media, create new partition, clone hard drive.
I recently had some issues with my Xbox One. Initially this manifested as an E105 error whenever I tried to boot it up in a place where it couldn’t find the WiFi network it was expecting. Eventually it began to get E105 errors all the time.
Trying to do an offline update didn’t work, and resulted in an E102 error. I began to suspect a hard drive issue, and on investigation it turned out that this was indeed the case!
If you have a corrupted HDD on your Xbone, or if you’re trying to replace or upgrade the drive, then keep reading for full instructions on how to install a new drive from scratch WITHOUT needing your files from the original drive!
Step 1: Identifying the Issue
Firstly I should stress that this method should be a LAST RESORT if you are having trouble with your Xbox. Before you start taking your console apart, make sure that you have tried all the standard troubleshooting tips, such as:
- Doing a hard reset
- Power cycling your console
- Doing a factory reset
- Doing an offline system update
If you are getting an E105 error, and factory reset fails with an E102 error, AND you are unable to do an offline system update… Then you might have some corrupted data on your hard drive. In this case, it might be worth trying the steps below.
Step 2: Preparing for the big job
You will need:
- A Windows or Linux PC (may work on a mac pro but who can afford one of those??)
- Two USB sticks (4gb or larger)
- an Ubuntu Desktop disc image file
- PenDriveLinux (or any other piece of software that can create a bootable USB stick from the disc image)
- Xbox One hard drive creation scripts (here)
- The Xbox Offline System Update archive (OSU1)
Create a bootable Ubuntu USB stick using PenDriveLinux
Format the second USB stick to NTFS and copy the $systemupdate folder onto it from the OSU1.zip file.
Copy the folder containing the Xbox HDD creation scripts onto this second USB stick as well.
Open up your Xbox and remove the hard drive (tutorial here).
Disconnect all system drives from your PC, and connect just the Xbox hard drive and the two USB sticks.
External Hard Drive For Xbox
Step 3: Formatting your drive
Boot from the Ubuntu USB stick. You will be asked if you want to ‘try Ubuntu’ or ‘Install Ubuntu’, click on ‘Try Ubuntu’.
click on the top icon in the dock on the left-hand side and use the search bar to find and open the ‘disks’ program.
You should be able to see all the storage connected to your system. If you have the same problem as me then your Xbox drive will show as having one large partition of type “Unknown”
Important: if you Xbox drive shows as having 5 partitions which are readable and mountable, you do not have the same hard drive issue that I had and this method will probably be of no use to you!
Delete the partition, and note the name of your drive (it will be something like ‘sda’ or ‘sdb’)
Find and open the terminal application (you can find this in the search bar like you did for the disks application).
Type ‘cd’ followed by a space, then open the ‘files’ application from the dock and find the foler that contains the hard drive creation scripts. Drag this folder onto the terminal window, then click on the terminal window again and press enter.
Type ‘sudo python xboxonehdd.py sda’ (replacing sda with whatever the name of your hard drive was that you found earlier). Then hit enter.
it will tell you that you are missing the required partitions, so let’s create them!
Still in the terminal, type ‘sudo bash mkxboxfs.sh sda‘ (again, substitute in your drive name if it is different) and press enter.
i you look back at the ‘disks’ application, you should see the partitions being created.
Once this is done, run that first python script again with ‘sudo python xboxonehdd.py sda’
When asked to confirm, type ‘yes’ and press enter.
It should only take a second. Once it is done, go back to the ‘files’ application and shift-delete the folder with the scripts in so you are left with just the $systemupdate folder on the second USB stick.
Close all programs, shut down the computer and return your Xbox hard drive to your console.
Step 4: Reinstalling System Files
Once your hard drive is back in your console, connect the HDMI and power leads.
You will also want to connect it to the internet via an ethernet cable (the network cable may not be necessary but better safe than sorry).
Plug the USB stick containing the $systemupdate folder into the back of your Xbox, then hold down the BIND and EJECT buttons and press the power button.
Continue holding down the BIND and EJECT buttons for about 20 seconds.
Download cracks, keygens, view serial numbers for many programs. To a page where it is possible to show the serial number or download crack/keygen for it. DVBDream 0.8.8 Keygen 揃 DVBDream 0.8.8. CRACK Sony Vegas Pro 18.0 Build 244 + patch. Ares Galaxy 201 Serial Key keygen 揃 splist.txt.7z. . We provide free life-time DVB Dream full version licenses/serial keys for programmers who develop MDAPI plugin, DD Module, DD device interface for them to test their add-ons on DD freely. Please contact us on forum. We are ready to support your ideas & work. Dvbdream 0.8.8 serial key keygen.
At some point (it may take a few seconds or a few minutes) your Xbox should start to update from the USB stick.
If this doesn’t happen, wait a little longer and you should be brought to the ‘Something went wrong’ screen.
From here select ‘troubleshooting’, then ‘offline system update’. your console should now begin to copy the files it needs from the USB.
That’s it! Once the update is complete you will be able to set it up as you would a new Xbox, sync your account to gain access to your save games and download any previously purchased content. From that point on your Xbox should work like a charm!
The only minor side-effect I’ve noticed from using this technique is that I no longer have the green boot screen on my Xbox. I just have a black screen for a few seconds until the home page loads. I assume this is because this file is not one that is included in the OSU! archive and hence doesn’t get replaced when doing the update.
Enjoy your Xbox! Let me know in the comments if you tried this andwhetherr it worked for you! If you have any [problems I will try to advise.
Published on October 20th, 2013
How to properly Format/Reformat a hard drive for Mac OS
A hard drive or hard disk can be used in any type of computer, whether for PC (Windows) or for Mac. Before you can use it though, you need to properly format or reformat a hard drive so that it will become compatible or readable with the Operating System that you are using. In this guide I will show you how you can properly format/reformat a hard drive for Mac OS. Formatting a hard drive for Windows will be discussed in another article.
Formatting and Reformatting a hard drive or hard disk is an easy task (if you know how). But it is also dangerous as it can result in loosing data or corrupting the drive when it is not done properly.
Before I proceed, I will be explaining some few things regarding formatting a hard drive. But if you want to know the instructions in formatting and reformatting a hard drive, just scroll down to the instructions below.
First, why do we need to format and/or reformat a hard drive. I will name some reasons, common reasons why we need to do this.
1. Some hard drives are already pre-formatted for a certain platform or system, like when you buy it out of the box it’s already formatted for Mac or Windows. But when it is not, we need to format the drive.
2. Hard drives are formatted so that a particular platform or operating system will be able to read and recognize the drive, whether it is an internal drive or external drive.
3. Hard drives are reformatted because sometimes we need to do clean up and we just want to wipe everything out that is written in the drive.
4. Formatting/Reformatting a drive can also remove soft bad sectors. But not necessarily always. Sometimes when a drive has a physical bad sector, reformatting it could spread the damage.
5. We reformat a hard drive if we are switching from one platform to another (Windows to Mac and vice verse)
Back to the main topic, below is a step by step instruction on how to Format/Reformat a hard drive for Mac OS.
Warning: FORMATTING and REFORMATTING A DRIVE ERASES EVERYTHING. Proceed with caution. Do backup your files first.
Formatting/Reformatting a hard drive for a Mac
1. Open Disk Utility by clicking Finder -> Applications -> Utilities and finally click Disk Utility.
2. Choose the hard drive that you want to format or reformat. Make sure that it is the correct hard drive!
3. Go to the Partition Tab
4. Click the Current Volume Scheme drop down menu and choose One (1) partition.
5. Click Options, and from the Partition Scheme provided choose “GUID Partition Table” radio button or “Apple Partition Map” radio button.
6. Then click OK. Then key-in in the other options like Volume Name, Format and Size.
In this juncture, in the Format option, choose Mac OS for Mac OS X. Or MS-DOS File System otherwise.
7. Click Apply and the Partition Disk screen will open.
8. Click Partition. During this time the drive or volume will dismount and it will be partitioned and formatted. DO NOT TURN OFF OR RESTART your computer during this time!
Time Machine may pop up asking you to use the newly formatted drive for backups. Just cancel it to proceed.
9. After that, just exit Disk Utility and your done!
Hope this “format/reformat a hard drive for Mac” guide helped!
Below are some recommended Internal Hard drive and External Hard Drives that you might like. All of them are best sellers.
Currently Best Selling Internal Hard Drives
1. WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache – WD10EZEX
2. WD Red 3 TB NAS Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, SATA III, 64 MB Cache – WD30EFRX
3. Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop 3.5″ Hard Drive
4. Seagate Barracuda 3 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 7200 RPM 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001
5. Western Digital 4 TB WD Green SATA III 5400 RPM 64 MB Cache Bulk/OEM Desktop Hard Drive WD40EZRX
Currently Best Selling External Hard Drives
1. WD My Passport Ultra Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 with Auto and Cloud Backup
2. WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage
3. WD My Passport Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0
Mac Reformat Hard Drive For Xbox One On Mac Without Windows 10
4. WD My Passport for Mac Portable External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0
5. Seagate Backup Plus USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive